Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whistlestop Wednesday Book Review: Reservations For Two



The main character in this book is an inline skating, roller coaster riding Grandma, named Maggie, whose character I fell in love with because of her spunk, reasoning, and openness with others. We follow Maggie on an adventure through her final stages of grief after losing her husband years before and onto rediscovering romantic love. All of the characters in this book were exceptionally believable. The settings were subtly described and effective. I found the story at times a bit predictable and occasionally drawn out. It bugged me, just a little, how often the characters waited till the right moment to say things. Over all however,  I found this book entertaining, mostly light hearted, easy to read, and full of good messages. This author has a talent for breaking an adventure into everyday details in such a way you only realize their enormity when looking back at the entirety.  I recommend this book for anyone, any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails