Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whistlestop Wednesday Book Review: The Sunflower



The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans

This wonderfully descriptive love story will have you questioning your own reality, life, and love. Full of tidbits of wisdom and surprises, this book is hard to put down.

This book follows the story of Paul Cook, a doctor who left a successful practice in America to run an orphanage for street children in Peru, finding love in the process. The descriptive setting made me feel I actually visited Peru with a tour guide, knew my travel companions, and had a meal or two with them.

The main story line was a little thin, but the many twists and turns kept it interesting. The characters were well-developed and realistic. And as this book is based in reality, I feel my world has expanded some. I highly recommend this book to everyone, young and old, men and women, in any stage of life. The horrors of child prostitution are touched on in a few passages, so I would recommend reading it first before handing it to your teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails