Book Giveaway Drawing!
Read the details later in this post.
Therese Travis is a wife, mother, grandmother. She lives in a suburb of Los Angeles with her husband
and youngest daughter. She says she knew she was a writer at the age of eight and has worked at it on
and off ever since.
Dear Reader,
I’ve been writing since I was eight, and arting even longer. I love to draw and have just recently
found an outlet that sort of combines with my writing. I’ve got four kids and four grandchildren.
My oldest son is serving in Afghanistan right now (all prayers blessed and appreciated) and his
family lives almost 2,000 miles away from me.
I was writing middle grade fiction when a Christian romance writer friend read something of mine that I’d written for fun. She encouraged me to write romance, then arranged a novella set for myself, herself and two other writers, planning to submit it to her publisher. I wrote my part in about three weeks, and right about then, the publisher announced they were no longer doing novella sets. But I loved the story and finally found a home for Keeper of My Heart with White Rose Publishing.
Rebecca is hurt and lonely, and isolates herself. However, she finds herself thrown together with the new veterinarian in town. She’s afraid that even if he’s not just passing through, he’ll still hurt her, and she can’t understand why God didn’t protect her from the pain in the first place.
Through Rebecca's story, I wanted to show one aspect of free will—how God is always with us, even if He doesn’t change the behavior of others to suit us.
I have a lot of future writing projects. I’m almost finished with Cinderella Reversed. She’s got a death sentence crouching inside her head; he has to marry to save his company from his stepmother. She’s been in love with him since he hired her; he’s been watching her walk from behind for the same length of time. She wonders why God is calling her home so soon; he wonders what God has to do with anything. Lainie Harper overhears Tanner Elliott’s stepsisters gossiping and starts a roller coaster ride that nearly pitches her in front of a bus, a runaway car, and someone who wants her out of the way. She just isn’t sure who that person is.
I’m also working on a darker mystery, titled Stolen Sun, and another about twins Holly and Noelle, titled The Christmas House.
I read, aside from a few non-fiction books, Christian romance, mysteries, children’s books (middle grade novels and some of the books my teenaged daughter insists I need to read). My house is pretty much decorated in books.
Find Therese Online
Website: http://theresetravis.net/
Purchase Keeper of My Heart
** Janalyn Voigt is an Amazon Associate and benefits when books are purchased on Amazon.com through links from Book Readers Central.
Book Giveaway Drawing: Therese Travis will give away a free pdf copy of Keeper of My Heart to a reader of this blog. To enter, leave a comment to this post. If you are a follower of Book Readers Central and tell me so in your comment, you'll have an extra chance to win. Please include a valid email address in an anti-spam format (example: youremailhandle[at]gmail[dot]com]) or your entry will become invalid. Entries will be accepted until this Wednesday at midnight (Pacific Time/US). The winner will be announced on Book Readers Central on Friday. The winner must respond within two weeks of notification. Detailed rules of giveaways on Book Reader's Central are located in the footer of this blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.