
This beautiful story about a mother and daughter unfolds as Maisey returns to her upscale childhood home for a brief time before her wedding. Both she and her mother, Kendy, in alternating viewpoints, reflect on their life together through Maisey's childhood to the point where their relationship fell apart. We come to learn that while the characters live seemingly happy lives they are hiding a lot of pain.
Personally I found this book easy to read, and engaging. It touched very deeply on loneliness. I thought it humorous that one of the characters hid behind "reading" books when she wanted time alone. While the plot was rather straightforward, the thought life of these two women kept you guessing at what would happen next. The story wonderfully illustrates how openness, forgiveness, love and God can heal all. I recommend it for women of any age. As for teenagers; this book does contain some mild suggestions of (mostly marital) sexual activity. I found the author's treatment of this subject in line with Christian values.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.