Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whistlestop Wednesday Book Review: "Rocky Mountain Oasis"


Lynnette Bonner pulls off an engrossing romantic adventure set in the days of the Old West in Rocky Mountain Oasis, book one of The Shepherd's Heart series. Brooke's uncle sells her as a mail-order bride. Brooke is contracted to marry Sky's disreputable cousin, Jason. Sky has other plans, however, for no girl should have to marry Jason. Thus begins a delightful page-turning adventure.

Attention to detail brings the Old West alive. Cohesive characters explore timeless issues we face today. The brokenness of those caught in abuse, immorality and the desire for revenge faces off against the simple integrity of quiet living. Brooke hides secrets in her heart that hold her back from trusting Sky or his God. In the end, only truth can save her.

With this, her debut novel, Lynnette Bonner more than proves herself an adept story weaver. I suspect we'll hear from her for a long time to come.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice review, Janalyn. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    The way I was fighting with the characters in my work in progress today, I needed this encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go easy with those characters and they'll treat you right. I loved your book.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails